With four locations already in development in Hawaii, Chick-fil-A is hoping to expand its franchising in the Aloha State
Chick-fil-A is developing four franchise locations in Hawaii and invites interested investors to join in. One of the nation’s most desirable fast-food franchises, Chick-fil-A is known for its cult-like following, faith-based culture and low franchise fees.
Hoping to expand its franchising in the Aloha State, the company has scheduled an exploratory gathering for interested investors and potential franchisees from 6-8 p.m. Wednesday, Feb. 16, at the Hyatt Regency Waikiki Beach Resort and Spa in Honolulu, according to TV station KHON. Interested entrepreneurs and investors must pre-register to attend.
John Bryant, senior principal team leader of franchisee recruitment at Chick-fil-A, said the company is “excited about the opportunity to recruit more operators for Chick-fil-A restaurants that will open over the next few years in Hawaii,” KHON reported. Bryant goes on to say that the brand wants highly motivated candidates who are skilled team leaders and will exert a positive impact on the people and communities they serve. Hawaii’s first Chick-fil-A will open on the island of Maui in mid-2022. Three Chick-fil-A’s on Oahu will open later in the year.
To be qualified to register for the exploratory gathering, people must meet the following criteria (these are also stated on the Chick-fil-A website):
- They have not completed the official Expression of Interest.
- They are personally interested in becoming a Chick-fil-A Franchisee.
- They can pay Chick-fil-A the initial $10,000 franchise fee with money that is not a gift, is not borrowed and does not come from a retirement account.
- They must be committed enough to work at the Chick-fil-A site full time in the day-to-day, hands-on operation of the restaurant.
- They need a minimum of five years’ work history.
- They have supervised or led five or more people during that work history.
- They haven’t filed for bankruptcy or for general protection from creditors.
Chick-fil-A’s success story
Although it’s notoriously difficult to become a Chick-fil-A franchisee, tens of thousands of candidates try their luck each year. The proven business model and widely publicized success story of the restaurants, which date back to the 1940s, make franchise ownership extremely enticing. Their popularity with customers is evident during rush meal periods, when cars often snake around parking lots and sometimes even back up into streets, blocking traffic.
The restaurant’s fan-favorite status was documented last summer in a national survey of consumers. In that American Customer Satisfaction Index, Chick-fil-A basically clobbered McDonald’s and also bested KFC, Burger King, Sonic and Wendy’s. The brand is known for using high-quality ingredients (including some healthier menu options), speedy turnaround on food orders, and friendly, accommodating customer service.
Copyright © FranchiseWire. All rights reserved.