Established Carpet and Upholstery Cleaning Franchise Earns Bonus Points for Low Cost and Quick Launch
As Chem-Dry approaches its golden anniversary, the franchise maintains its appeal via flexibility and opportunity. The carpet and upholstery cleaning franchise is recruiting single- and multi-unit owners, with a goal of adding dozens of new franchisees by the end of the year. “We have been focusing on finding the right franchisees to protect and grow the brand in both single-territory and multi-territory scenarios,” says D’Wayne Tanner, vice president/franchise development.
“Our business model offers franchisees the flexibility of growing the business at their own pace,” Tanner adds. “For those looking to take control of their hectic lives, scheduling time for important things such as their children’s sporting events, the owner-operator option may be most effective. For others looking to quickly scale the business to move to a model where they are working more on the business rather than on the van, our business provides significant upside as you grow, given the small, flat fee that is collected as the royalty.”
Ideal Chem-Dry Franchisee
Tanner says franchisees using any operational model should have grit, which he defines as “an ability to handle life’s bumps with a desire to succeed,” along with sales and marketing experience. Like franchisees with every brand, Chem-Dry owners should follow the company’s proven system, be strong team players, and support and protect the brand. They also should want to be involved in their communities and serve as brand ambassadors, Tanner says.
In return for their dedication, Chem-Dry backs them up with top-notch training and support. “Training is offered monthly at our corporate offices in Logan, Utah. It is a five-day course covering everything from the operation of our proprietary equipment to marketing and business management.” So from signing to training to launch is a relatively quick, often just a couple of months.
Support is nonstop afterward, too. “Business coaches help franchisees with skills such as marketing, business management, operations and software support. We hold regional mini-conventions and an annual convention. Chem-Dry University offers online training for owners and technicians,” Tanner says. “In addition, there’s a hotline for operational questions.”
Advantages of the Chem-Dry Franchise
He says 11 factors are particularly significant in attracting entrepreneurs to the Chem-Dry franchise family:
- STABILITY: The brand’s stability and staying power, with a 46-year history. Chem-Dry has some 1,800 franchises – all willing to share best practices with one another – across the United States. It serves more than 40,000 homes and businesses weekly across 55 countries.
- AFFORDABILITY: Low initial investment.
- OPPORTUNITY: Multiple product offerings and revenue streams. In addition to carpet and upholstery cleaning, Chem-Dry offers granite and hard-floor cleaning (including wood, tile and vinyl flooring).
- REFERRALS: More than a 90% repeat and referral rate for customers.
- PROVEN: Proven, highly scalable business model.
- QUALITY: Peerless product quality.
- EARNINGS: Strong income and earnings potential.
- FLEXIBILITY: The ability to control their schedules – excellent work-life balance.
- DEMAND: Heightened consumer awareness of cleanliness because of Covid-19, flu and RSV outbreaks within recent years. Chem-Dry’s cleaning process also removes an average of 98% of common household allergens from carpets and upholstery.
- LEADERSHIP: Chem-Dry’s is part of the Belfor Franchise Group, which provides diverse home services. Belfor’s portfolio is rounded out by 1-800 WATER DAMAGE, COOL-BINZ, DUCTZ International, HOODZ International, N-Hance Wood Refinishing, Blue Kangaroo Packoutz, The Patch Boys, redbox+ Dumpsters, Safer Home Services, WINMAR, 1-800 BOARD UP and Z PLUMBERZ. Cross-referrals strengthen all of the brands.
- VIABILITY: Strong current performance in the marketplace.
Growth and Potential
The brand’s Franchise Disclosure Document indicates Chem-Dry placed in the top 25% of franchise territories, generating an average of more than $700,000 per franchise in 2022, representing an increase of 16.4% over 2021 performance levels. The carpet cleaning market was $5 billion in 2022, and is expected to increase 1.5% this year – which may sound small, but it’s $75 million.
The brand has been recognized by Global Franchise Magazine as the Best Property Maintenance Franchise. Chem-Dry has made Entrepreneur magazine’s Franchise 500 rankings, and Entrepreneur ranked the brand at No. 22 for multi-unit franchisees.
Chem-Dry Today and in the Future
The Chem-Dry franchise sets high standards for everyone associated with the brand, says Chem-Dry President Ed Quinlan. “We place high expectations on our franchisees as well as our performance at the corporate level, as a franchisor,” he says. “The dedication and commitment of our new leadership team members have been instrumental in fueling our expansion efforts and overall performance.”
Chem-Dry’s corporate leadership has one overriding focus, he says. “We are intent on providing innovative, personalized, high-quality care to make spaces cleaner and healthier,” Quinlan says. For more information about franchise opportunities with Chem-Dry, please call 1-877-450-4874 or visit www.chemdryfranchise.com.