Baskin-Robbins, the world’s largest chain of ice cream specialty shops, announced its continued expansion in Ontario, specifically in the Greater Toronto Area with the signing of 18 new store development agreements with six new and existing franchise groups. The first Baskin-Robbins shop under these new agreements opened this summer. Currently, there are nearly 100 Baskin-Robbins locations throughout the Greater Toronto Area.
The franchisee groups and their development plans include:
- New franchisee, Sulman Muhammad, plans to develop 11 Baskin-Robbins shops throughout the Greater Toronto Area.
- Existing franchisees Sunita Patel and Jayant (Jay) Patel have teamed up with new franchisees Vivek Patel, Rahulkumar Patel and Nimal Patel to open three shops in Burlington.
- Existing franchisee Imtisal Kiran signed a new development agreement to bring one Baskin-Robbins to the southwest area of Toronto.
- Qais Hakeemi signed a single unit agreement to bring one Baskin-Robbins shop to the town of Ajax.
- New franchisee Lori and Frank Malavolta, will be opening a new shop in LimeRidge Mall Hamilton, along with their Kernels Popcorn franchise in the mall.
- Lu Tian, along with her husband Mike Pomerleau, recently opened a combo Baskin-Robbins and Kernels Popcorn location within the Rideau Centre shopping mall in Ottawa.
Franchise opportunities remain available in select communities throughout Canada. Baskin-Robbins Franchising Managers are available to speak with qualified candidates interested in developing the brand in Canada. For additional information, visit the Baskin-Robbins franchising website or contact the Baskin-Robbins Franchising Team at email@example.com or 781-737-5530.