Signature Gym Aims to Please Both Franchisees and Members
World Gym Signature, a new concept from World Gym International, caters to today’s consumers with up-to-the-minute training procedures, cutting-edge equipment, and an environment of motivation and support. For nearly half a century, World Gyms have given their clients the tools and techniques vital for losing weight, building muscle and pursuing a healthier lifestyle.
And now World Gym – with its new Signature model – has “completely reimagined the typical big-box gym experience,” says World Gym International Chief Operating Officer Jarrod Saracco. “We’ve been closely monitoring the shift in consumer behaviors and where the industry is going, and World Gym Signature will captivate a whole new generation of franchise owners and gym members.”
Details of Signature Model
The Signature model, requiring about 25,000 square feet, offers a range of must-haves for today’s fitness enthusiasts, including:
- A large training floor with cardio, including a connected-cardio section that brings favorite at-home technology to the gym floor for everyone’s use.
- Studio X, a group training system with software that can control the programming, lighting, music and overall environment for fresh, distinctive workout experiences. Tiffany Hamlin, national director of group fitness for World Gym, says Studio X is revolutionary: “There’s nothing else like it. It’s an all-in-one total package studio solution designed to meet the needs of today’s members.” Group classes include yoga, cycling, strength training, high-intensity interval training (HIIT), Zumba and Les Mills. Franchisees appreciate that the Studio X format reduces build-out, upkeep and payroll costs while creating enticing workouts.
- INCINER8, World Gym’s new boutique-style fitness experience. This interval training pushes members to their maximum calorie-burning potential in less than 25 minutes. INCINER8 features heart rate-based programming that allows members to select their desired class type, perhaps boxing, functional training, strength training or circuit training.
- Personal training and a Personal Health Plan (PHP) that members may use with or without a trainer to stay on track with their goals.
- Booty Boulevard, with specialized equipment focusing solely on glutes, is a toning area deemed a high priority by today’s consumers.
- A wellness and recovery wing.
- The World Gym member code that encourages members to support and motivate one another.
- A reception area equipped with 1) a Barbell Café offering juices, protein smoothies and nutrition programs, and 2) retail displays of branded apparel and nutritional supplements. The café and shop represent supplemental revenue sources for franchisees.
A New Strength-Only Gym
Earlier in 2022, World Gym introduced another groundbreaking gym model, World Gym Legacy. A strength-only gym, World Gym Legacy appeals to franchisees because of its smaller footprint and strong unit economics. It’s ideal for markets in which larger real estate and/or population demographics won’t support a traditional World Gym.
“World Gym Legacy allows for greater operational efficiency and drives profitability faster,” Saracco says. “This allows new franchisees to enter the fitness industry at a lower level of financial commitment and gives existing franchisees an additional opportunity to expand into different markets.”
The World Gym Legacy model harks back to the glory days of Muscle Beach in Santa Monica, Calif., during the time when Joe Gold founded World Gym in 1976 and serious fitness collided with the world of Hollywood celebrities. Each World Gym Legacy site is equipped with free weights, racks and platforms, plate-loaded machines, cables, and selectorized machines for serious strength training.
From Small Gym to Big Franchise
Since the 1970s, World Gym has helped members achieve physical fitness and improve their health. It began as a small gym outfitted with custom-made equipment that drew the likes of celebrity bodybuilders Arnold Schwarzenegger, Lou Ferrigno and Dave Draper.
Over time, World Gym has evolved into an internationally recognized brand that has captured the imagination of fitness lovers around the globe. World Gym is dedicated to creating ultimate workout destinations and building the next generation of legends. With its headquarters located in sunny southern California, World Gym currently has over 230 franchised locations on six continents and in 17 countries, including Australia, Brazil, Canada, Egypt, India, Mexico, Russia, Taiwan, and the United States.
Its mission is to improve lives through fitness by providing the resources of big gyms with state-of-the-art equipment while treating members with a personalized touch. One of the franchise’s recent innovations is World Gym Anywhere, an on-demand fitness training platform available on mobile phones, tablets, desktops, laptops, and televisions that lets members work out wherever they happen to be.
World Gym is expanding in North America and elsewhere around the globe. Ideal World Gym franchise candidates are business professionals, gym aficionados and athletes passionate about health and fitness, creating jobs, and helping residents of their communities live better lives. Career experience in the fitness industry isn’t mandatory, but candidates should be familiar with franchising. People with backgrounds in the service and hospitality industries often soar as World Gym franchisees. For more information about World Gym franchises, visit worldgymfranchising.com.