First-time haircuts are often stressful for children. Afterall, seeing a stranger holding a pair of scissors isn’t exactly calming for anyone, young or old. Negating this fear is exactly what makes Pigtails & Crewcuts different than other children’s hair salons. Its growth during COVID and 2021 rank on the Entrepreneur Franchise 500 ® has proven the strength of the business model and the franchise system.
Pigtails & Crewcuts creates a personalized and comfortable experience for children and parents alike. The key goal for its more than 60 national salons is for kids to be completely calm and enjoy their haircuts. The brand has been able to replicate their formula for success nationally as each new franchise owner onboards. Despite COVID, the company has opened more locations – including two over the past several months in its backyard of Georgia and also in Arizona, a completely new state for the brand.
“Throughout the pandemic, we’ve done everything we can for our franchise owners, from what seems obvious like having ongoing open lines of advice-based communication to helping them acquire loans and renegotiating lease terms,” said Wade Brannon, President and CEO of Pigtails & Crewcuts. “Our family of owners continue to give back to each local neighborhood too despite it all, not letting the current situation impact our core value of helping our communities.”
Pigtails & Crewcuts makes haircuts fun and stress free for kids.
For more than 15 years, Pigtails & Crewcuts locations across the country have welcomed entire families for stress-free, memorable haircutting experiences. Created by parents for children, the salons are brightly colored and inviting with movies, gaming systems, and toys to ensure a fun environment. In addition to traditional haircuts, Pigtails & Crewcuts caters to its family-friendly customers with first haircut packages, birthday parties and ear piercing. Top-quality stylists who are experienced with children ensure that kids leave looking great and families have an enjoyable time.
Pigtails & Crewcuts secret sauce for stress-free haircuts
- Employees are trained to interact effortlessly with children, creating a safe and calm atmosphere
- Instead of rushing children through haircuts, stylists encourage them to take their time to make sure everyone is comfortable
- The child-sized furniture and activities – including movies, gaming systems, and toys – makes everyone feel welcome at the door and throughout the haircut experience
- The salons are designed with parents in mind too, having a colorful environment and plenty of places to sit nearby, so everyone can be involved in the choices
- Employees ensure children are comfortable throughout, regularly checking with them and parents during the haircut to monitor such. Afterwards, parents receive an email follow-up to ensure their expectations were met
When children are happy, parents are much more likely to be happy, too. The Pigtails & Crewcuts salons become places where families look forward to returning. To view Pigtails & Crewcuts in the full Franchise 500® ranking, visit www.entrepreneur.com/