Franchise Businesses Offer Freebies and Discounts to Celebrate Veterans Day 2021
Various franchises will celebrate Veterans Day 2021 by offering discounts, freebies and/or paying it forward in other ways to U.S. military personnel past and present. Here’s a sample of some thank-yous available from franchises:
- Half-price spice: On Veterans Day (Nov. 11), QDOBA will offer active military and veterans 50% off any entrée in-store only when they present their government-issued military ID. QDOBA will also be partnering with K9s for Warriors, the nation’s largest provider of service dogs for veterans, to collect donations for this non-profit in-store and online on Nov. 11 only. All donations received on Nov. 11 will be matched by QDOBA up to $10,000. *This offer is valid at participating locations only.
- Clip and save: Great Clips salons nationwide will provide free haircuts to veteran and active-duty military personnel haircuts on Veterans Day – Nov. 11 – for the ninth year in a row. In a related promotion, non-military customers who receive a Great Clips haircut on Veterans Day will receive a free haircut card that they can pass along to an active service member or veteran to show their appreciation; the cards can be redeemed for a free haircut from Nov. 12 to Dec. 10.
- Crunch time: From Nov. 8-14, veterans, active-duty military and their families can work out for free at participating Crunch gym franchise locations and as a follow-up may receive a free one-month membership. These guests also will have the opportunity to join Crunch with a specially reduced $1 enrollment fee and receive their first month free. And every day in November, all of the franchise gym’s members – military or not – may take part in the Train like a Soldier fitness challenge, offered through the Crunch mobile app, to win gift box prizes, courtesy of Bravo Sierra, which makes personal care products.
- Double duty at Denny’s: A free Grand Slam meal awaits veterans, active-duty and inactive military personnel at Denny’s restaurants from 5 a.m. to noon on Nov. 11. The complimentary Grand Slam breakfast will allow dine-in customers to customize their meals by selecting from 10 menu offerings such as buttermilk pancakes, eggs, bacon and hash browns. Denny’s also will take its Mobile Relief Diner on its second annual Heroes Tour, delivering free hot meals to veterans and active military. Dates and locations will be announced later.
- Friendly offer: Throughout the day on Veterans Day, Friendly’s will give a cheeseburger, fries and soft drink to people who have honorably served. Friendly’s, well-known for serving American foods and delectable ice cream offerings, has both franchise and corporate locations concentrated along the East Coast.
- Taco time: All day on Nov. 11, quick-service restaurant Taco John’s will honor military personnel by giving away two crispy beef tacos plus a beverage and side dish when guests enter the promo code VETERAN under the “More” tab in the Taco John’s App. Taco John’s encourages guests to take a moment to remember U.S. veterans when taking advantage of this special offer.
- Burger benefit: Fast-casual restaurant Wayback Burgers will contribute 10% of Nov. 11 app and website sales to the Tunnel to Towers Foundation, with a portion of those proceeds set aside to benefit local veterans. Tunnel to Towers honors firefighter Stephen Siller, who died while saving others on 9/11; the organization helps military and first responders killed in the line of duty.
- Dog deal: During Wienerschnitzel restaurant hours on Veterans Day, folks who present their military ID or wear their uniforms can claim a free chili dog, small fries and small Pepsi at participating locations.
Copyright © FranchiseWire. All rights reserved.