Thirty-one percent of diners said they would avoid eating at other locations of a chain restaurant if just one location was involved in a foodborne illness outbreak. That result is just one of the eye-opening results found in the Diners Dish e-book, available today from Steritech, the premier provider of food safety and service excellence assessments for the restaurant industry.
The Diners Dish E-book includes exclusive insights from a survey which tackled consumer preference and behavior in several key revenue-driving areas, including delivery, online reviews and social media, public health and cleanliness, and foodborne illness. Highlights from the E-book include:
- 60 percent of diners have ordered food for delivery in the last six months – and 30% of those have experienced a problem with their order
- 75 percent of consumers sometimes or often use restaurant review sites to help select where they will dine
- 41 percent of those surveyed say a restaurant’s health department score factors into their decision on where to dine
- Sticky or dirty tables and chairs is the top pet peeve of diners
- 31 percent will stay away from an entire chain if just one location has a foodborne illness outbreak
These and the more than two dozen other facts found in the Diners Dish e-book can help restaurants adjust their operational practices to better meet their customers’ preferences.
To download the full E-book, visit auditbetter.steritech.com/dinersdish.