Investing in the Wildlife and Pest Control Business Was an Easy Decision for Franchisee Bryan Fichter
Bryan Fichter jumped at the chance to invest in Critter Control of Northwest Pittsburgh when the territory became available in 2021. Prior to that, he spent five years as a Critter Control technician. “I really wanted to work for myself. So when the previous owner was ready to sell, I went ahead and bought it,” he says. “It was an easy decision. I loved the business model and knew its valuable services would always be in demand.”
Critter Control specializes in humane wildlife removal and exclusion. Franchise owners employ trained technicians who safely and efficiently remove various types of unwanted visitors, including squirrels, raccoons, bats, birds, rodents, and more. They use proven methods to relocate the animals to their natural habitats.
The company also focuses on preventing future wildlife intrusions. Technicians identify potential entry points in buildings and seal them off, ensuring that wildlife cannot re-enter. Additional services include animal damage repair, insulation replacement and attic restoration to restore properties after wildlife infestations.
A Path to Financial Freedom
Fichter says the business has given him and his family a comfortable lifestyle with much more flexibility. “My wife was able to go from working full- to part-time, which has been beneficial for all of us,” he says. “With a more flexible schedule, I can help with the kids’ drop-offs and pickups.”
He loves the unique nature of the business and says every day is another adventure. His most unusual job was rescuing a red-tailed hawk from a swimming pool. “It was pretty cool,” he says. “This business is never boring.”
These days, Fichter leaves the hands-on work to his technicians and spends his time working on the business. His day-to-day activities include inspecting properties, giving quotes, office work and invoicing. He plans to scale the business with optional pest control services and by eventually investing in more territories. “This is a great company to work with. Critter Control has given me everything I need to achieve financial freedom.”
What is the Pest Control Market Size?
The need for pest control services is universal. According to Straits Research, the global pest control market is predicted to reach $35.1 billion by 2030.
For more information about the Critter Control franchise, visit https://www.crittercontrol.com/about/franchises.
Why Critter Control?
Critter Control offers professional and humane solutions for wildlife and pest control, providing peace of mind for homeowners and businesses. The unique franchise opportunity offers a straightforward business model plus many other attractive qualities:
- Established Brand: Critter Control has been in business since 1983 and has built a strong reputation for reliable services.
- Extensive Training and Support: Franchise owners receive thorough training on wildlife control techniques, business operations and marketing strategies.
- Diverse Service Offerings: Critter Control offers a wide range of services, including wildlife removal and exclusion, pest control and damage repair. This diverse service portfolio allows franchise owners to cater to various customer needs and generate multiple revenue streams.
- Marketing and Advertising Support: Franchisees receive assistance with digital marketing, social media campaigns, print materials and other promotional initiatives to increase local brand awareness and attract customers.
- Growth Potential: There’s potential for business growth and expansion with opportunities to open additional franchise locations or expand service offerings.
- Ethical and Humane Approach: Critter Control emphasizes ethical and humane wildlife control practices, which aligns with the growing demand for environmentally conscious solutions. Franchise owners can promote these values and contribute to wildlife conservation efforts in their local communities.