October 13, 2012 - (Toronto, ON) October 11, 2012… Many entrepreneurs dream of starting their own business and every year, thousands of Canadians consider franchising as a way to realize their dreams. For more than a decade, The Franchise Show (www.thefranchiseshow.ca) has helped Canadians discover the many rewarding franchise opportunities available.
As Canada’s premier franchise tradeshow, The Franchise Show provides prospective franchisees with unique opportunities to meet face-to-face with some of the most successful franchise brands, attend informational seminars and learn more about the franchise industry and opportunities.
The Franchise Show runs Saturday, October 20 and Sunday, October 21, 2012 at the Toronto Congress Centre (www.torontocongresscentre.ca) at 650 Dixon Road.
Produced by the Canadian Franchise Association (CFA) (www.cfa.ca), The Franchise Show exclusively features CFA member franchise systems, many of which are the biggest names in a variety of industries from retail and restaurants to beauty supplies and home services. A list of exhibitors can be found at http://tinyurl.com/8nej4tk. As the national voice of franchising in Canada, CFA provides potential franchisees with guidance and valuable, up-to-date information on franchising opportunities in Canada through resources such as The Franchise Show.
“The Franchise Show is the best venue to discover which type of business matches your needs,” says Lorraine McLachlan, CFA President and Chief Executive Officer. “This tradeshow allows potential franchisees to begin their due diligence and provides a place where they can meet with franchisors and ask questions to ensure their potential investment is a perfect match.”
The Franchise Show is designed to assist prospective franchisees learn more about franchise opportunities and the franchise industry. Seminar attendees will obtain practical knowledge on what it takes to get started and be successful in franchising. Specialists in the franchise industry present free seminars throughout the weekend, including:
• KEYNOTE PRESENTION: “What Makes a Great Franchisee: A Franchisor’s Perspective” presented by Peter Druxerman, Vice President of Marketing, DRUXY’S Famous Deli Sandwiches
• “Franchise Ownership: Is this type of self-employment the right strategic option?” presented by Gary Prenevost, President, FRANNET Southern Ontario
• “How to Finance Your Franchise and Approach Your Bank” presented by Jake Crough, Dilan Goonetilleke & Paul Medeiros, National Franchising Services, CIBC
• “10 Questions Every Prospective Franchisee Should Ask Before They Buy” presented by Frank Robinson, Associate, Cassels Brock LLP
• “The Traits of a Successful Franchisee” presented by Greg Witz, President & CEO, Witz Education
• “Legal and Business Aspects to Consider When Purchasing a Franchise” presented by Chad Finkelstein, Partner, Dale & Lessmann LLP
• “Business Planning You Can Bank On” presented by Paul daSilva, Director of National Franchise Markets, RBC Royal Bank
• “The Inside Scoop on Finding the Right Franchise For You” presented by Marietta Snetsinger, Chief Solutions Officer, ASCEND Franchise Solutions
• “8 Steps to Picking the Right Franchise System For You” presented by Shawn Saraga, President, Mr. Franchise
• “How to Finance Your Franchise & Approach Your Bank” presented by Joseph Pisani, Manager of National Franchising, BMO Bank of Montreal
• “10 Questions Every Franchisee Should Ask Before They Buy” presented by Joseph Adler, Partner, Hoffer Adler LLP
• “Wanted: Financing to Start and Grow a Franchise” presented by Adam Delle Cese, Senior Manager, BDO Canada
• “Legal and Business Aspects to Consider when Purchasing a Franchise” presented by Ned Levitt, Partner, Aird & Berlis LLP
• “Let’s Talk – Franchise Finance” presented by Tom de Larzac, Manager of Franchise & Commercial Partnerships, National Bank of Canada
• “Why Choose Franchising Now!” presented by Alex Szinegh, Vice President of Franchise Sales, Willowbrae Childcare Academy
Potential franchisees will also have the opportunity to speak one-on-one with leading experts in the franchise community through Ask the Experts. In addition, the CFA Resource Booth will be available to provide guidance about those hard-to-answer questions. For more information about The Franchise Show, visit www.thefranchiseshow.ca.
The Franchise Show
Dates: Saturday, October 20 and Sunday, October 21
Time: 11 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Location: Toronto Congress Centre, Hall J, 650 Dixon Road (off Highway 401)
Admission: One day pass - $10, Weekend pass - $15 (Tickets at the door)
NOTE: Pre-register online at www.thefranchiseshow.ca to receive a $2.00 off admission coupon
The Franchise Show in Toronto Sponsors
Platinum Sponsor: DRUXY’S Famous Deli
Gold Sponsor: FRANNET
Silver Sponsors: Country Style, Devry Smith Frank LLP, Instant Imprints, Pizza Nova, Qoola
Aisle Sponsors: Aird & Berlis LLP, Beyond Digital, Cassels Brock LLP, Dale & Lessmann LLP, Devry Smith Frank LLP, DRUXY’S Famous Deli, FRANNET, Hoffer Adler LLP, Instant Imprints, National Bank of Canada, RBC Royal Bank
Seminar Room Sponsors: FRANNET, National Bank of Canada
Local Print Sponsor: Toronto Star
Official Sign Sponsor: Beyond Digital
CFA National Sponsors: CINTAS, Moneris Solutions
About the Canadian Franchise Association (CFA)
With over 500 corporate members nation-wide, representing many of Canada’s best-known brands, the Canadian Franchise Association is the national voice for franchising in Canada and works with all levels of government to ensure the development of industry-made solutions. CFA promotes excellence in franchising and educates Canadians about franchising, specific franchise opportunities and proper due diligence. For more information, visit www.cfa.ca.
# # #
For media accreditation and more information, contact:
Senior Manager, Communications
Tel: 800-665-4232 ext. 232
View Company Website: http://www.cfa.ca