If You Have An Entrepreneurial Spirit and Want to Be Your Own Boss, Consider Becoming a Self-Employed Franchise Consultant
Many people have considered what it would be like to be their own boss but don’t take the necessary steps to make it happen. If you are looking into self-employed careers, you should consider a career as a franchise consultant. The benefits of a self-employed franchise consultant career include:
- Being in one of the highest-paying self-employment careers out there
- Working in a booming, billion-dollar industry
- Being your boss and having the luxury of working from home
- Having an outstanding work-life balance with a flexible schedule
In comparison to corporate work, franchise consulting can be freeing and lucrative. While most corporate jobs force you to a desk for a set amount of hours, a career as a franchise consultant lets you make your own schedule.
Similar to real estate agents, franchise consultants act as an intermediary between franchise owners and franchise opportunities, which is why the terms franchise consultant and franchise broker are used interchangeably in the industry. Since this career isn’t tied to the soulless 9-5 grind, franchise consultants can control their own destiny with one of the best self-employed careers out there.
Become an Franchise Consultant
A great way to become a self-employed franchise consultant is to invest in the International Franchise Professionals Group’s (IFPG) training program to start this new journey. For $25,000, you are on your way to a lucrative career. With the IFPG’s training, you will:
- Have access to all of the IFPG’s networking events
- Be ahead of the curve with ongoing learning opportunities
- Enjoy industry-leading mentorship and in-depth training
- Have all the tools you need to run a successful consulting business
While there is no specific knowledge needed to become a franchise consultant, the IFPG provides its consultants with some of the best training and connections in the business. You can become a franchise consultant in just four to six weeks with IFPG’s courses that will prepare you to pass the Certified Franchise Consultant (CFC) exam. Additionally, IFPG franchise consultants keep 100% of the commissions that they earn. This is another benefit of a self-employed franchise consultant career.
Characteristics of a Franchise Consultant
- Has prior franchise ownership experience
- Has a good reputation and an online presence
- Offers candidates an organized system that covers multiple meetings
There are also innate qualities that a successful franchise consultant should possess:
- You should be friendly and enjoy working with others.
- Finding the best business opportunities for others should be your passion.
- You should constantly be learning and keeping up to date with industry trends
- Organizational skills are critical to your success
- Listening skills are essential to finding candidates the ideal franchise for them
How Much Do Franchise Consultants Make?
As a franchise consultant, the amount of money you make is up to you. You can make it a part-time career to make supplemental income, or you can make it a full-time job and earn six figures. One of the benefits of a self-employed franchise consultant career is that you get out of it what you put into it.
Additionally, there are opportunities for consultants to have multiple revenue streams. As an IFPG Franchise Consultant, you have three revenue streams:
- You can earn fees when you refer IFPG vendors to franchisees and franchisors who need them
- You earn commissions from franchisors when you sell franchises
- Helping an aspiring franchise owner through the process of investing in a franchise can earn you franchise broker fees
While being a franchise consultant isn’t for everyone, it can be a game-changer for the right professional.
Copyright © FranchiseWire. All rights reserved.