How Franchisors Can Improve Their Google Rankings in the New Year
SEO (Search Engine Optimization) is critical for franchisors in the digital age. SEO best practices are constantly evolving. As we begin 2023, franchisors need to stay up to date on SEO trends. From keyword research to local SEO strategies, content optimization, link building, and more – many factors need to be considered when optimizing your website for search engines. Let’s explore what franchisors should know about SEO best practices in 2023 to improve their Google rankings.
Keyword research is one of the most important SEO best practices for any franchisor. It involves discovering which words and phrases people use when searching for content related to your business. Once you know what keywords are being searched, you can incorporate them into your website’s content to make it more visible on search engine results pages (SERPs). SEO tools such as Semrush and Ahrefs can help you analyze the SEO performance of your website and identify potential keywords to target.
Local SEO is also critical for franchisors in 2023. Local SEO involves optimizing your website for local searches so your business will appear higher up in Google’s local search results. To do this, you’ll need to make sure your website is correctly listed in local directories such as Google My Business and Yelp, and that it’s optimized for mobile devices. You should also consider adding location-specific content to your website and structuring it with SEO-friendly titles, headings, and meta descriptions.
Another SEO best practice for franchisors in 2023 is content optimization. This involves crafting SEO-friendly web pages that are optimized for both search engines and users.
You should focus on creating high-quality, relevant content that provides value to readers and avoids overusing keywords.
When optimizing content, you should focus on creating high-quality, relevant content that provides value to readers and avoids overusing keywords. You should also use SEO tools such as Yoast SEO to check for SEO issues such as duplicate content or broken links.
Finally, link-building is an SEO best practice that franchisors should consider in 2023. Link-building involves getting other websites to link back to your website, which can help boost your SEO performance and rankings. When building links, you should focus on developing relationships with other websites in your industry and providing them with valuable content that they can link to. SEO tools such as Ahrefs and Majestic SEO can help you identify potential link-building opportunities.
Analyzing and Tracking SEO Performance
Analyzing and tracking SEO performance is essential for your franchise’s success. SEO analytics tools such as Google Analytics can help you track and analyze your website’s SEO performance, allowing you to identify areas where you can improve. SEO analytics tools can provide insights into key SEO metrics such as organic traffic, keyword rankings, backlinks, and more.
By understanding SEO best practices and implementing them into their digital marketing strategies, franchisors can improve their SEO performance and rankings. SEO may seem complex and intimidating, but by taking the time to understand SEO best practices, franchisors can ensure that their websites are optimized for success in the new year.
As franchisors take on the new year, here are some SEO statistics to keep in mind:
- Google has more than 85% of the search engine market, according to Statista. The higher your website ranks on Google, the more likely your business will be noticed.
- For better or worse, most people don’t look past the first page of a Google search; data from Zero Limit Web shows that the first five results of a search account for over 67% of clicks. The importance of using the correct keywords to get to the top of the search cannot be overstated.
- Content is the most important aspect of your website. According to Content Marketing Institute, 80% of businesspeople prefer content over advertisements. Content educates readers about your business and is a more authentic approach than selling.
- The headline is often more important than the actual copy. According to Data Box, 36% of SEO experts believe that the headline is the most important SEO element. Don’t treat headlines as an afterthought!
- Google prioritizes mobile page load speed as a key metric when determining your website’s search ranking. According to Business News Daily, 94% of organic search traffic comes from Google.