YouTube Music and Videos Can Bring Franchisors’ PowerPoint Presentations to the Next Level
An important aspect of being a franchisor is using various forms of media to promote your brand. An effective form of media that you will use during your various franchise presentations is PowerPoint. With a PowerPoint presentation, you can produce slides to display the important features of your business. You can title each slide and add photos to visually communicate what your business is all about. But how can you make your PowerPoint presentations even better?
One of the best and most simple ways to enhance a PowerPoint presentation is to add a YouTube video or audio. YouTube is full of various entertaining and educational videos. By adding it to your presentation you can achieve a dynamic effect in your presentation, whether you use your own video, or “borrow” it from somebody else. This way you will set the right mood and keep your audience entertained and engaged.
So, if you want to learn how to add and edit music in your presentation, continue reading this article. Here are a few suggestions to help you get started.
Add Audio From Your Computer
In order to add YouTube music to your PowerPoint presentation, you often need to download it to your computer. You should be aware that YouTube is designed to allow streaming and watching videos only on its platform. If you are interested in downloading a video to your PC, smartphone, or laptop in order to edit them and use them in a presentation, YouTube won’t allow it. Instead, you will have to use a third-party service. Here are some suggestions:
Use an App
Applications are very popular for downloading YouTube videos, but also for converting them to MP3 format. There are many different apps on the market, so make sure you find the most convenient, fast, and simple one. Experts at vidd.ly/convert-youtube-to-mp3 advise that using an app is a good idea, because you will have access to your music when you are offline (for example when you are traveling), and you will also have a backup to your favorite music if it gets removed from YouTube. Choose an app that can run both on your phone and your computer. Since desktop software is faster, you will be able to download entire playlists in no-time.
Use Website Services
If you choose to use a website service for downloading and converting the music video, it will probably be easy, quick, and completely free. Please be careful because some of those websites may not be safe. There are a lot of reports of malware-related ads, and other deceptive tactics on these services.
Become a YouTube Premium Member
By purchasing a YouTube premium membership, you will have unlimited access to all the videos you want to download for $11.99. It is designed for all levels of experience, so it won’t be difficult to obtain some music you will later use in a presentation.
Now that you have a downloaded video or MP3 file, it’s time to add music to your PowerPoint presentation. Here are the steps:
- Open your PowerPoint and select a specific slide that you would like to add music to.
- Click the Audio drop-down arrow in the Media group and you will see two options – to add audio from your PC or to record it.
- By selecting “Audio from my PC” you will open a new window to find the location of your file.
- At this step, you will have two options. You can insert the audio directly, but be aware that it will increase the size of your document. The second option is to choose “Link to File”, which will create a link, therefore reducing the size of the document. Think about it, and choose an option that best suits your needs.
- You need to be aware that if you want to play different audio in each slide, you need to uncheck “Play across slides” and add them one by one.
Add Music from YouTube Directly
This is another good way to add YouTube music to your presentation. Here are the steps we created to help you:
- Open the presentation and select the slide you want to add your music to.
- Insert video or audio, but make sure you decrease its size.
- Set it to play automatically in presentation mode, and note that the music file will stop when the slides change.
Sometimes editing is the most important element when creating a presentation. If you are confused and you don’t have the experience, don’t worry. Here are some tips that can make your presentation amazing:
- Check out the Editing group, to add effects like a fade in or fade out, or some cool Trim options.
- In the Audio Options group, you will find many choices that will allow you to set the volume of the clip, make a loop, or play it across slides. In a section called “Audio Styles,” you can add some effects to the music, or not if you want your music to play in the background.
Making a presentation isn’t so difficult when you have some guidelines and learn a few tricks. It can be rather fun. By adding music to your presentation you will certainly make an impression on the audience and shift their mood.
Copyright © FranchiseWire. All rights reserved.