A Look Back at a Banner Year in Franchising
Franchise mergers and acquisitions made headlines regularly in 2022. Franchising is all about working together, and brands across all sectors joined forces to make their services and reach greater than ever before. Here is a compilation of notable franchise mergers and acquisitions from 2022.
December 2022 Franchise Mergers and Acquisitions
- Conscious Capital Growth acquired a majority stake in Patrice & Associates.
- Radiance Holdings, the parent company of Sola Salons and Woodhouse Spas, was acquired by TSG Consumer Partners.
- Authority Brands, a corporate franchisor of home services brands, acquired The Junklugggers.
- Inspire Brands sold Rusty Taco to Gala Capital Partners.
- Dine Brands has agreed to acquire Fuzzy’s Taco Shop for $80 million.
November 2022 Franchise Mergers and Acquisitions
- Outdoor Living Brands and Lynx Franchising merged to form a new corporate umbrella called Empower Brands.
- Junk King, a waste removal franchise, was added to the Neighborly family of brands.
- Body Fit Training (BFT), an Australian group strength training brand, was acquired by Xponential Fitness.
- Valhallan, an online gaming franchise, acquired Nxt Up Esports.
- MTY Food Group announced its agreement to acquire Wetzel’s Pretzels.
October 2022 Franchise Mergers and Acquisitions
- Accelerated Brands completed its acquisition of Trademark Car Wash.
- Soccer Shots unveiled its new umbrella company name Stronger Youth Brands with the acquisition of London-based Little Kickers.
- Mayweather Boxing + Fitness’ parent company, MW Fitness Holdings, LLC, bought the KickHouse franchise system.
August 2022 Franchise Mergers and Acquisitions
- Lawn Pride was added to the Neighborly family of brands.
- Qdoba, a fast-casual Mexican-inspired franchise, joined the Modern Restaurant Concepts portfolio of brands.
- Neil Hershman and YouTube phenom Danny Duncan acquired 16 Handles.
July 2022 Franchise Mergers and Acquisitions
- Fitness Machine Technicians became the third franchise brand in the Main Line Brands portfolio.
- Denny’s Corporation announced the completion of its $82.5 million acquisition of Keke’s Breakfast Café from K2 Restaurants, Inc.
June 2022 Franchise Mergers and Acquisitions
- FAT Brands rebranded 85 Nestlé Cookie franchises as Great American Cookie restaurants after purchasing them from Crest Foods Inc.
- Valhallan announced its acquisition of the North American Esports League.
May 2022 Franchise Mergers and Acquisitions
- Item 9 Labs Corp., a cannabis dispensary franchisor, announced that it will acquire Sessions Cannabis.
- To increase services to franchise clients, Guideboat Capital Partners invested in Franworth.
- Princeton Equity Group’s investment in the International Franchise Professionals Group (IFPG) added benefits to the franchise consultant network’s membership base.
- Franchise Fastlane secured funding from Southfield Capital.
- Princeton Equity Group invested in Ellie Mental Health.
- Seeing the trend toward healthier eating habits, WOWorks added Barberitos Southwestern Grille and Cantina and Zoup! Eatery to its portfolio of brands.
- Driven Brands purchased All Star Glass.
April 2022 Franchise Mergers and Acquisitions
March 2022 Franchise Mergers and Acquisitions
- Five Star Franchising made headlines by acquiring Mosquito Shield, 1-800-Packouts and 1-800-Textiles.
- Jack in the Box completed its $585 million acquisition of Del Taco.
February 2022 Franchise Mergers and Acquisitions
- Foot Solutions, a wellness footwear and custom orthotic insoles retailer, acquired the Florida-based retailer Happy Feet Plus, Inc.
- Wag N’ Wash, an emerging natural pet food, grooming, and self-wash franchise, was purchased by Pet Supplies Plus.